Knowledgeable DUI Attorney to Protect Your Driving Privileges
Throughout Illinois, law enforcement officials have been expanding efforts to crack down on drunk driving offenses. Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated can have serious consequences, including loss of one’s license, higher insurance costs, heavy fines and jail time. The attorneys at Hyland Law, Ltd. have the knowledge and skill necessary to defend you and help you attain the best possible outcome in your case.
We Are Committed to Challenging DUI Charges
Our attorneys understand that life happens, and good people can make mistakes. We strive to satisfy our clients’ emotional, financial and legal needs by zealously representing their interests at every turn. We are knowledgeable about DUI laws and will analyze every aspect of your case, from the initial traffic stop to breathalyzer tests, to build your defense.
The founder of Hyland Law, Thomas J. Hyland, is a former Cook County Prosecutor. As a result, he knows what the prosecution needs to get a conviction, and he will challenge the evidence against you with the skill developed through real-world experience. As an experienced DUI attorney, he will work hard to make sure you get the respect you deserve and the results you desire.
What to Do If You Are Stopped
If you are pulled over by the police, there are a few ways you can help yourself.
- Don’t be intimidated. Remain calm and polite.
- Try not to fumble through your glove box looking for documents; it could be misinterpreted as intoxication. Take your time and find what you need.
- Do not let the police search your car unless they have a warrant. Any evidence found in your car could be used to support a DUI conviction.
- Take the sobriety tests. Many DUI defendants have been found not guilty due to a malfunctioning breath analyzing machine or an improperly administered blood or urine test. Also, you may still blow under the legal limit.
- Get a blood test after release. Alcohol detection devices can be unreliable and malfunction. Don’t go to jail because of a broken machine. Get a blood test after arrest. At trial, your attorney can use that evidence to raise possible defenses.
Of course, you should contact a DUI attorney as soon as possible to secure the best chance at successfully fighting your case.
Contact Us Today to Schedule a Consultation
If you have been arrested for DUI, you need a qualified defense attorney who has the knowledge and experience to help you win. Call Hyland Law, Ltd. today at (708) 772-9668 or contact us online to book a consultation.